Building a Corporate Immigration Practice, Efficiently
As the government unveils a plan to accept a record-high level of immigrants in the next few years, significant changes to the immigration program, including a stronger focus on addressing chronic labour shortages, suggests this is an excellent time to target employers who want to sponsor foreign workers. Alternatively, as a part of your business development strategy, you can also target foreign investors as clients. While you build your clientele through either of these streams, you should strengthen your understanding of how your clients search and find the services you provide, such as on a site like this.
Generate Website Traffic
Your law firm website's search engine ranking affects customer decisions due to visibility. Learn how to improve SEO through identifying key words and phrases your clients use to find legal immigration services via Ubersuggest in under a minute.
Choose an Immigration Stream to Focus On
Employers Sponsoring Foreign Workers Stream:
- Partner with organizations which work directly with immigrants (staffing/recruiting agencies, immigration consulting organizations, etc.)
- Target industries with significant labour shortages (construction, manufacturing, etc.) set to be reduced through immigration.
- Attend hiring fairs in skilled trades and speak directly with the employers. Example.
Investor Immigration Stream:
- Partner with foreign investment funds who find foreign investors for real estate projects in the country they intend to immigrate to. Example.
- Partner with private equity firms who are buying businesses and raising capital from foreign investors.
- Buy a booth at the conferences these organizations and individuals are present at (partnerships are easier after an in-person meeting!)
Software to Help With Your Corporate Immigration Practice
In addition to adopting immigration law software and tools to expedite your firm's processes and remain competitive, you can adopt and promote tools intended for your clients. By doing so, you can build trust with your clients and improve their overall experience, leading to client retention and recommendations.
Here are our finds for immigration legal software and tools for both your firm and your clients:
- LaborLess: Post electronic LCAs and manage PAFs (USA).
- Visto: Helps tech companies in Canada sponsor foreign talent (Canada).
- Immitracker: Immigration application tracker and community board.
- Formally: Immigration collaboration platform simplifying processes (USA).
- YoTengoBot: Intelligent Chatbot for immigration lawyers and your clients.
- Clearbrief: Automated referencing for drafting demand letters.
Are you interested in advice on how to build your law firm in a different practice area? Book a consultation with us.